Another year is upon us and already the forecasting gods are making predictions. Looks like fennel pollen, offal and Quinoa are the new “It” foods. Whatever dude. Enough already.
I’ve got some hot and hopeful culinary trends that should be picked up by the media too. Ready?
- Stop pushing the food snob envelope. Just because it’s expensive and hard to pronounce doesn’t make it a trend. It makes it obnoxious.
- Use white rice. Why? It’s cheap, easy to find, there are a million recipes, plus everyone likes it. Stop trying so hard.
- Cook something! Guess what, anything cooked at home is better for you than going out to eat. The simple act of cooking reduces stress, makes others happy and it’s a nice way to spend an evening.
- Learn to cook 5 staple dishes and then build on that.
- Less salt. STOP EATING PROCESSED FOOD.
- Feel better. STOP EATING PROCESSED FOOD.
- Love your family more. STOP BRINGING HOME PROCESSED FOOD.
- Lose weight. No processed food, portion control and some friendly support.
- Drink tap water. It’s free, no packaging and it’s good for you.
- More fruits and vegetables. The original multivitamins.